Research Associate – Financial Institutions
Knowledge & Research
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Research Associate within BCG’s Data and Research Service (DRS) function, you will ensure delivery of error-free and insightful research projects within our Financial Institutions practice area. You will gain expertise in leveraging wide-range of research resources, information portals and approaches in delivering research outputs that are meaningful for your requestors. You will display your ability to synthesize data and draw insights in the context of the ‘research ask’, accurately. Over a period of time, you will engage with seniors in the team on a regular basis to grow your understanding of the Practice Area and deliver deep insights to our Case and Knowledge teams.
BCG’s Financial Institutions practice aims to be the consultant of choice for leaders in the financial industry. We seek to achieve that by helping clients in the industry find their way in this new competitive landscape. By focusing on underlying customer needs and the fundamental economics of the business, we help banks, brokerages, asset managers and other financial services companies rethink their strategic assumptions and identify winning business propositions.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Ensuring consistent high-quality research outputs
- You will ensure complete and error-free delivery of research requests
- Gain expertise in leveraging a wide range of research resources, information portals and approaches in delivering research outputs
- Demonstrate your ability to synthesize (draw insight/conclusion) and package research output that directly address the problem in a clear and structured way
- Opportunistically contribute to BCG publications and KN materials; in partnership with RAs/SRAs
Developing and demonstrating ‘client-responsiveness’
- Develop capabilities to understand and anticipate case team research needs (understanding case-team asks, client contexts, etc. to tailor research accordingly). Continuously engage with RAs and SRAs to discuss the same
- Demonstrate speed-to-output and client-orientation in delivery (improving on effectiveness in research completion)
- Strong ownership and able to manage (ability to identify priority) multiple requests at the same time
- Focus on customer satisfaction as primary goal
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 0-1 year of relevant working experience in the ‘Financial Services’ sector OR in topics including Retail banking, corporate banking, Digital & Payments (Transactional Banking), Asset & Wealth Management, Digital FI (FinTech).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficient in English; verbal and written.
- Ability to work with wide array of platforms including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; to be able to provide insights in most user-friendly format.
- The candidate should be willing to travel as per the business need.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
As the Research Associate, you will collaborate with other knowledge and research specialists of BCG across your region to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge and research positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative research careers.
YOU’LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
The Data and Research Services (DRS) function is a dynamic and highly visible center of excellence focused on business research and process innovation. We collaborate with our consulting teams to bring advanced research capabilities to support projects and clients. DRS provides specialist research services to consulting teams and our Knowledge Team, taking deep pride in delivering rapid and precise results.
DRS works with both qualitative and quantitative data, conducting research and providing synthesized results from over 100 commercial sources, publicly available data, company and industry research, macro-economic, commodities and trade data.
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.